Friday, August 20, 2010

Piranha 3D Movie Review

To review a movie, you have to compare it to others of it genre.  Piranha, compared to othes movies that have animals going around eating people like Jaws, Anaconda, Lake Placid, Deep Blue Sea etc.

I hadn't seen a good movie like that since Jaws.  Or at least not one that I personally liked.  With that I went to this movie expecting it to be bad.  I was wrong. It was actually an enjoyable movie.  Not quite as good as Jaws, but then can anyone really beat that?  It was, however, my favourite of that type of movie since that one.

If you like that type of movie it's definitely one you should see.

the 3D effects were better than other ones I've seen.  In fact when you see movies that show people watching a 3D movie and people actually flinch when something comes at them from the screen, that actually happened to me.  I won't reveal the scene as I don't want to ruin it for you.

And it actually paid homage to Jaws with Richard Dreyfus at the beginning of them movie recreating a scene from Jaws.

Fun, fun, fun.  That's my verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment